Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 1 of the Cruise Phase

October 4th, 2010

I've decided to switch to the Cruise Phase now... because I miss veggies!!! Weird, I know.

"In this phase of the Dukan Diet, days of protein only are alternated with days of protein and vegetables. The types of vegetables allowed in this phase are limited to those that do not contain starch such as lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber, asparagus and tomato. Vegetables can be consumed raw, steamed, or in soups and stews.
This phase is followed until you reach your target weight. Dieters can expect to lose up to two pounds a week on this phase."

I am going to do 2 PP days and 2 PV days instead of just one and one. 

What I ate:
9 am: 1 cup greek yogurt 
         1.5 tbs of oat bran
2 pm: 6 oz grilled chicken breasts
         2 light laughing cow cheese
         1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
3 pm: 2 oz of jack cheese
7 pm: Jason Deli's salad bar (estimated):
         2 cups of spring mix
         3 cups of fresh spinach
         .25 cup of red onion
         6 tbs of ranch dressing :( 
         .5 cups of fresh mushrooms
         1 cup of broccoli sprouts 
         8 kalamata olives
         3 green olives
         2 oz of feta cheese
         1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
         .5 cups of shredded jack cheeses
         
Calories: 1805 Protein: 123 g Fat: 110 g Net Carbs: 48 g (10.4 g from oat bran) Sodium: 3804 mg 
        
So I guess not too bad... The fat is a little high so I need to stop eating ranch and full fat cheeses. I am not surprised that I didn't lose any weight. Still at a 9.2 lb lost total. Hope tomorrow I lose some!! 

19 comments:

  1. You're doing such a good job! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LizzyBeth :) Don't forget that when you start eating veggies again that you still have protein as the main focus of the meal, or at least a lot of protein....and like you pointed out, watch out for all of that cheese! :P
    Good job so far hon xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey LizzyBeth, how are you going? Haven't heard from you in a while?? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Lizzy Beth.
    I love Ranch and we can't get it here - probably a good thing because when I visited my brother in the States last year I would go to the shops and but loads of celery and ranch dressing and scoff it all. The weird thing is that you can't get table celery here either, only soup celery which is thinner and not crunchy.

    Hope your Cruise is going well.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I thought we don't need to count calories during Dukan diet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you definitely don't need to count calories! good luck on the diet. seems like you dropped off your blog...well, if you need people to support you and great recipes, go to http://dukanitout.com and find out FB page too. soooo many cool people to help you with a successful diet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think cheese was allowed at this state

    ReplyDelete
  8. Step away from the cheese! It's too high fat. You won't be successful if you eat that much. I love cheese too but its the devil!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizz, I am curious is ranch dressing really ok in Dukan?If so, I will add it too cause I love it so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is really a great source of information for me. Thank you for giving me such important information.

    FOR BEST INFORMATION ABOUT DUKAN DIET.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer Aniston and Madonna are talking about it so it must be good! The Zone is so last year, the diet craze to hit the celebrity world this year is Dr Dukan’s Diet. It has hit the world by a storm, and has to work if it’s created by a doctor, a French doctor. The French have kept its methods a secret for years, we all wondered why the French look so slim and toned, it’s not because they only lived on snail legs and olive oil, and it’s all thanks to Dr Dukan. It is the ultimate diet that consists entirely of protein for the first three days before fruit and vegetables can be introduced. With its very strict first phase Dr Dukan promises us that we can lose up to 6 pounds in the first week. Ladies that is impressive and enables us to fit in to that black dress for the party on Monday. Because of its effective first stage results are seen immediately. Guess the Italian on Wednesday needs to be cancelled …. Living without carbs for a week can’t be too difficult can it….???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good info! Illness is so dominant nowadays. Hence, more and more individuals are getting more concern with their health and seeking for the right guidelines that could help them achieve healthier living. This article is one of the best info I had read. Thanks! African Mango

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks Lizzy for sharing this whole blog, so much great information about dukan diet method... i run myself at http://www.topdieta.sk/dukanova-dieta/ but its small derivate... will keep going for inspiration here, you are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I heard about Kate Middleton do Dukan Diet before her wedding, I decided to give it a try as well. But I always fall off the diet wagon. I hope reading your blog could give me some inspiration. thnks for sharing.

    p/s: I found your posting here are useful. As I update my link directory page today, I have also included your blog into the list. Do check it out here. Yours is under Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Buddy category. http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com/p/links-directory.html. Your series of post is really helpful and I hope my friends will think the same.

    Best,
    Honeybee
    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lizzy, thank you for huge inspiration. Your blog keeps me believe, that Dukan Diet is really effective. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friend did this diet ....I guess I have to try it now also

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bravo !
    Wanna know how I lost 13 pounds in a month on Dukan diet ?
    Visit my blog https://dieting101.org/
    I will post my weight updates, meals, recipes and more about my weight loss journey !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really great work, please update your blogs in future so we can read the blogs whenever I free.

    Event planner near me

    ReplyDelete